Monday, July 11, 2011

Roadtrip...La Jolla...Coronado...San Diego...

We just got home from one of our all time favorite trips...ever.
And the best part is we didn't even have to do a Disney theme park!
We took a road trip (12 hours...drove straight through w/2-3 potty stops). I packed lots of healthy snacks/sandwiches/drinks etc. so that we didn't have to eat the crap at the fast food restaurants or gas stations....this was smart..since we would be eating out our entire trip.
Kids did AWESOME on the trip! I cannot believe how good they were. I was expecting the worst...but got the best.  We stopped by Redbox the night before and got 3 movies...and off we went...
kids listened to their iPods and read and even took some naps...it was great!
Cash watched some Barney/Blues Clues and was happy about 95% of the time...
Juice and I had a great time talking....I don't remember ever talking to him this much..it was so fun.
I will definately drive again next time...we saw so many great places...and we researched places as we drove through them on the iPad (that my dad let us borrow).
La Jolla Coves/Shore...our most favorite place...we spent the entire day there...kids used their boogie boards...and had a blast!


this is a big cliff...so we had to hang on to Cash tight :)



our attempt at a family picture





Chloe and the guy in the Speedo...we saw all kinds of people on our trip and I loved it! We love exposing our kids to all kinds of ways of life!


Kai




Kids finding little crabs


in the caves...


this dock is at the Children's Pool...which is where there are TONS of seals...soo close! It was awesome!


loving the ocean!


Kase....checking out the seals and jellyfish


Juice and Cash




Me and my favorite people.


Chloe...


they played at the beach all day for days...and did I mention this was the cheapest trip we have taken??




Kase...La Jolla


Posted by Picasato be continued...gotta get more pics off my camera :)

2 comments:

ashley g. said...

Here's Kalli's first response:
"Whoa! How did Chloe's family get so many kids?! And how come THEY ALL got to go to the beach and not me!"

Don't worry- I threw a fit too. And I'm pretty sure that she is jealous of all the siblings too. Looks like you've inspired a family vacation at some point... we'll have to follow Steve on a business trip one of these days... So glad you had fun! Looks like you planned it perfectly!

natterbee said...

I LOVE the one with you and your favorite people. I totally want a picture like that with my kids!

Looks like a great trip!