Sunday, July 31, 2011

I did a craft...

I know...shocking.
However, deep down inside I am a very crafty person...I just usually think I don't have the supplies or time to do it....but here is something i've wanted to do for a while...it is part one of three that I hope to get done.

I took an old canvas picture that I have had for years and was in storage...found kids artwork (mostly from preschool/kindergarten years)
and I mod/podged them to the canvas. I cut some out so that they would fit better...I also made sure the kids' names all were visable so we could remember who's was who's....
and voille!
oh also, if you are covering up a dark canvas...which I initially was going to do..but found this one instead....you could paint the canvas first with Gesso (my uber crafty friend Melissa S. gave me this tip).




Our house needed more color...and I think it looks fabulous! Kids are super proud of it too! I have 2 more smaller ones to do....and we alllll know kids create plenty of artwork for many many more.....

tip: I recommend that you COUNT the artwork and make SURE there is equal representation of all the kids (Cash only has one on here...but for big kids)...because you KNOW the first thing they do is count them to make sure one kid didn't get more pics. up than another ;)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Shelby said...

What a great idea! I can't wait until I can do something like that. So flippin cute!

Chiara said...

I LOVE IT! So so cute! I'm totally going to copy!

Aubrey Anne said...

What a great idea!!! I've got so many amazing pictures (Asher is a little artist) that I don't know what to do with.

natterbee said...

I NEVER would have thought of this idea but I LOVE it! You are so clever!